(From Al Jazeera)
In his remarks on Monday, Gargash said “we do not want to escalate, we want to isolate”, but insisted that Qatar must abandon its support for “extremist Islamists” before a solution can be brokered.
Earlier in the day, Sheikh Saif bin Ahmed Al Thani, director of Qatar’s Government Communications Office, said in a statement: “The blockade has been ongoing for two weeks and the blockading nations have offered no formula for resolving the crisis.
“It is unfortunate that our neighbours have chosen to invest their time and resources in a baseless propaganda campaign.”
Sheikh Saif bin Ahmed dismissed the Saudi bloc’s “terrorism accusations” as a “publicity stunt”.