(From The Guardian)
A fire at a shopping centre in the Siberian city of Kemerovo has left at least 64 people dead, many of them children.
Russia’s emergency ministry said that six people are still trapped in the rubble of the smouldering Winter Cherry shopping centre in Kemerovo.
The fire broke out at the shopping centre on a busy Sunday afternoon and quickly engulfed the top floor of the building, spreading through a children’s ice-skating rink, play centre and a two-screen cinema.
It is still unclear what sparked the fire, which was put out on Sunday evening. Authorities on Monday said four arrests had been made in connection with the fire.