States Withhold National Guard Troops from Border over Child Separations

(From UPI)

Several states have announced they will not send National Guard troops and other assets to the U.S.-Mexican border over President Donald Trump’s policy to separate immigrant children from their parents.

Governors in Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and Virginia each said their soldiers won’t help immigration officials with the administration’s renewed focus on prosecuting everyone who crosses the border illegally, including some seeking asylum.

In some cases, states are withdrawing National Guard assets they’ve already sent to the border. In April, Trump called for up to 4,000 troops to go to the southern border.

“Until this policy of separating children from their families has been rescinded, Maryland will not deploy any National Guard resources to the border,” Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, said Tuesday. “Earlier this morning, I ordered our four crew members & helicopter to immediately return from where they were stationed in New Mexico.”

Click here for article.

You have 0 items in your cart. Proceed to checkout?
Yes, please!